Daytime Radness, the largest surf and skate event in South Florida benefiting charities, is back. Last year’s event hosted by Island Water Sports brought in over 8,000 people and raised over $12,000 for local charities. Daytime Radness will be a hit again with:
- The largest sale on surf and skate items in South Florida
- In addition to last year’s half pipe, the Road to Radness street course
- The Vans half pipe, open to the public to skate
- Interactive experiences with surf and skate brands like Quiksilver, Volcom, Roxy, and more
- Raffle Prizes including: surfboards, skateboards , surf trips, beach getaways and more
The third annual Daytime Radness takes place at Island Water Sports, 1985 NE 2nd Street, Deerfield Beach on Friday October 18th from 6am – 9pm.
This all day event will be held to benefit local BSO officer Ben Koos and his wife Carolyne. Carolyne, a survivor of Systematic Lupus, gave birth to two sons, Jack and Christian, but Christian would only live to be 2 years old due to a rare neurological disease called Leukodystrophy. After his death, Carolyne and Ben started their own nonprofit charity called Embrace Life Children’s Foundation to help children with chronic and terminal illnesses. After starting their charity Carolyne was diagnosed with Dysautonomia and Sjogren’s Syndrome. Carolyne is currently seeking assistance to attend the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota for specialized medical treatment.