Time: November 20, 2009 at 10am to November 22, 2009 at 4pm
Location: American Orchid Society
City/Town: Delray Beach
Website or Map: http://www.aos.org
Event Type: gardening, lecture, sale
Organized By: Mary Kate Leming
Latest Activity: Nov 10, 2009
American Orchid Society Throws Season’s Biggest Botanical Party at Annual Fall Show, Nov. 20-22
Three days of flowers, food and fun will fill the calendar at The American Orchid Society from Nov. 20-22, 2009 during the annual Fall Orchid Show. Visitors to the American Orchid Society can enjoy the following from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.:
- The perfect holiday décor, gift or inspiration: Hundreds of exquisite orchid plants, orchid supplies, and garden art and craft items will be on hand. So shop for the perfect blooming orchid to complement your home and find the perfect garden accessories to dress up your outdoor living space.
- Something for everyone: The show will feature educational lectures, garden supplies and food. Be sure to enjoy a garden tour as well!
- Orchid growers from around the globe: Select from the best orchid growers in Florida, plus Carmela Orchids is flying in from Hakalau, Hawaii. Other attending orchid vendors will be Carib Plants, Dan & Margie Orchids, Indian River Orchids, Mac’s Orchids & Exotics, The Orchid Specialist, Mary’s Orchids and Exotics, Krull-Smith, Odom’s Orchids, Springwater Orchids, St. Germain Orchids and Quest Orchids.
- Judging and Educational Sessions: American Orchid Society judging will take place on Saturday afternoon; participants must register their plants before 2 p.m. on Saturday, November 21. Would you like to lean to grow better orchids? Ever ask why your orchids never re-bloom? Learn from the experts about orchid culture. Instructors include Greg Allikas, AOS award-winning photographer; Ron McHatton, PhD, Director of Education; Carol Holdren, AOS judge; and Arlene McGuire, AOS judge. Classes will be held each day at 11 a.m. and 1 p..m., Nov. 20-22. The cost is included with admission to the show.
- Repotting services will be available, starting at $4 per plant. Orchids will be repotted by American Orchid Society volunteers.
Date/Time: Friday-Sunday, Nov. 20-22; 10 am – 4 pm
Cost: AOS/Garden Members, $5; Non-members, $10. Children 12 and younger, FREE. Free parking.
Contact: 561-404-2031, SWayman@aos.org., visit www.AOS.org.