LANTANA: Fireworks budget down, but not out

Lantana council members voted to contract Zambelli Fireworks Manufacturing Co. for up to $25,000 to put on the July Fourth display this year, $10,000 less than budgeted. The company will launch fireworks along the Sportsman’s Park seawall, rather than from a barge on the water, producing a savings of about 10 percent, Town Manager Mike Bornstein said at the council’s March 22 meeting. Zambelli, which has put on Lantana’s fireworks display for several years, has already tested the launch site, he said. Resident Bob Little wondered if this was a year to spend on fireworks, without other organizations helping to defray the cost. “It’s a lot of money spent on 20 minutes,” he said. The expense was contemplated and discussed during budget approval last year, Bornstein noted.
–Margie Plunkett

Views: 88

Comment

You need to be a member of The Coastal Star to add comments!

Join The Coastal Star

© 2020   Created by Mary Kate Leming.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service