Photo credit via Brainyquote.com
Nothing beats the pleasant yet nervous feeling of hearing your name from the stage so you could get your college diploma, and say "this is it!". I hate to break it to you, but this is just the beginning. Yes, the very first step in your way to success. Don't feel like such an adult as there's a lot of inevitable things you need to face. I'm not saying this to discourage you, but merely to set your perspective straight on what to expect. In a way, I can say this is much more helpful.
This time, I would let you feel your overwhelming emotions you had felt after graduation. I guess some of those were still not yet totally sink in through your mind. It is going to be difficult, and some of your friend's advises might not enough to motivate you more. At some point, you might feel your anxiousness seemed to be incorrigible. If that's the case, I summed up some motivational quotes. Read it. Share it. Also, acquire and apply it whenever possible.
1. "Life is the most exciting opportunity we have. But we have one shot. You graduate from college once, and that's it. You're going out of that nest. And you have to find that courage that's deep, deep, deep in there. Every step of the way. - Andrew Shue
2. To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. -Santiz Anatole France
3. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go.” - Dr. Seuss
4. “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King
5. "I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work" – Thomas Edison
6. "There is a good reason they call these ceremonies 'commencement exercises'. Graduation is not the end, it's the beginning.” - Orrin Hatch
7. “I Like this quote I dislike this quote“The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” -- Aristotle
8. "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing worth knowing can be taught." -- Oscar Wilde
9. "It is clear the future holds great opportunities. It also holds pitfalls. The trick will be to avoid the pitfalls, seize the opportunities, and get back home by six o'clock." -- Woody Allen
10. “Follow your instincts. When you do what you know is the right thing, you will always turn out okay… and the truth is, you always know what the right thing is to do. Make the right decision even when nobody’s looking, especially when nobody’s looking, and you will always turn out okay.” -- Oprah
11. "You’re proving that it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks about you or what you can achieve, the only thing that matters, graduates, is what you think about yourself." -- Michelle Obama
12. "My father always told me, find a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life." -- Jim Fox
13. "A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad." -- Theodore Roosevelt
14. "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default." -- J. K. Rowling
15. "Success is a lot like a bright, white tuxedo. You feel terrific when you get it, but then you’re desperately afraid of getting it dirty, of spoiling it in any way." -- Conan O’Brien
About the author: Eliza Sullin is a college student and likes to write stories during her free time. She is also a part-time freelance writer for essay-on-time.com. Meanwhile, she wants to start writing her own stories, and is now thinking of plots for it.