The Coastal Star

Island Talk (228)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Here's a green eyeshade off to Mary Kate Leming

I want to thank Editor Mary Kate Leming and her publisher husband for starting The Coastal Star. I canceled my 31-year-old subscription to…

Started by Linda Rawls

1 Aug 22, 2009
Reply by Mary Kate Leming

A Coastal Star

Have you tried a Coastal Star at Caffe Luna Rosa in Delray Beach? If so, tell us what you thought... should we tweak the recipe a bit, or j…

Started by Mary Kate Leming

1 Aug 1, 2009
Reply by Mary Kate Leming

How Does One Define A Good Neighbor?

As an owner in Briny Breezes, I recently received a "letter" from the office. In this communication I was asked to please be a "good neigh…

Started by Terry Kline

0 Jul 31, 2009

Local Voices: Frank Stark Celebration Ride results in injury

Caption: Bicyclist Tim Warren suffered serious injuries when a car turned in front of him just south of Anchor Park on state road A1A. Pho…

0 Jul 30, 2009

Widening Boynton Inlet too costly to taxpayers and environment

By Ed Tichenor In June and September of 2007, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration conducted water quality studies at the B…

0 Jul 2, 2009

Letter to the Editor: Paper is like a letter from a friend

I just want to say that receiving The Coastal Star in Michigan is like a letter from a friend. I thoroughly enjoy each issue and compliment…

0 Jul 2, 2009

Letter to the Editor: Growth shows lack of integrity

Your article presenting the now and future development of Delray Beach confirms the lack of integrity and common sense our planning commiss…

0 Jul 2, 2009

Letter to the Editor: Greed has consumed Delray

I am writing as I find it so sad what become of our Delray Beach. I feel greed has taken over. We have no parks, no parking, no water and t…

0 Jul 2, 2009

Tri-Rail is a must for South Florida

For many workers, Tri-Rail is a godsend. Without it, some of the 15,000 daily Tri-Rail commuters would have to either give up their jobs, o…

0 May 29, 2009

Bill removes protections for barrier islands

By Robert W. Ganger The Florida Senate and House recently passed a new “Community Renewal Act” (Senate Bill 360). As of this writing, it i…

0 May 29, 2009

RSS

© 2019   Created by Mary Kate Leming.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service