The Coastal Star

Island Talk (206)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Letter to the Editor: Ban would hurt collectors, not help animals

In your last issue, I read a letter submitted by Ed Harris of the National Humane Society. In it he suggests that the collection of ivory…

Started by Mary Kate Leming

0 Dec 30, 2015

Letter to the Editor: Real cost of ivory is decimation of elephants

While on vacation I read the article in The Coastal Star about the collector of ivory. I am greatly offended that you would promote such a…

0 Dec 2, 2015

Letter to the Editor: Hold iPic developer to promises

Delray Beach is changing and that is healthy. Change allows us to reaffirm what makes Delray special. The most recent addition to our downt…

0 Dec 2, 2015

Letter to the Editor: RICO suit stressful for defendant

As a co-defendant in the town of Gulf Stream’s recent RICO lawsuit, I would like to set the record straight. The town initiated this act…

1 Oct 30, 2015
Reply by PropertyManagement

Letter to the Editor: Lantana water crew to be commended

In mid-July, Lantana town crews began working on a water problem along Dixie Highway, near the northern town limits. I understand it had…

0 Jul 29, 2015

Letter to the Editor: Meeting report gave wrong impression

The recent article, “City/CRA shared-goals meeting takes a turn toward showdown” was more gossip-like than the journalistic quality your re…

0 Jul 2, 2015

Letter to the Editor: Horrific crime made impression on youngster

The June Coastal Star cover story on the infamous Chillingworth murders took me back to my childhood, when I vividly remember reading an ac…

0 Jul 2, 2015

Letter to the Editor: Kudos to creative colon health campaigners

Thank you to Lona O’Connor for writing the piece, “Bathroom is flush with creative campaign for colon health,” about Wendy and Jamie Greenh…

0 Jul 2, 2015

Local Voices: Make developer earn concessions from city

I have followed with interest the planned development around the Mizner on the Green site in Boca Raton, where the owner, El Ad National Pr…

0 Jun 3, 2015

Letter to the Editor: Freight train worries are not unfounded

The public is rightly concerned about how much more freight traffic there will be on the Florida East Coast Railway tracks with the ope…

0 Jun 3, 2015

RSS

© 2017   Created by Mary Kate Leming.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service