The Coastal Star

Island Talk (217)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Stay safe on roads by observing law

Local Voices Given the recently published articles on motorists’, bicyclists’ and pedestrians’ difficulty “sharing the road,” it is probab…

Started by Mary Kate Leming

0 May 1, 2009

1,000 reasons to help your friends

This is a tough time to ask for a year-end donation for any worthy organization, but 1000 Friends of Florida is in the field from Tallahass…

0 Apr 4, 2009

Enforce current codes, don't write more

I have just finished reading your March 7, 2009, issue. What a pleasure it is to read real news regarding my community of Ocean Ridge. I a…

0 Apr 4, 2009

Let public know about law before enforcing

In his letter to the editor last month, Earl Jones wrote that bicyclists should ride in bike lanes where bike lanes are provided, and that…

0 Apr 4, 2009

Bonus story slighted legal complexities

The Coastal Star’s Jan. 3 article on holiday bonuses for municipal employees, “Thanks! Holiday bonus traditions vary,” was comprehensive an…

0 Mar 5, 2009

Motorists must understand cyclists’ rights

I found it interesting that in one issue of your paper there were the following two headlines: “Bicycle pack riders need to stick to their…

0 Mar 5, 2009

Only Delray commissioners can make bond decisions

Recent articles had former Delray City Commissioner Jon Levinson stating that he and others on the commission made it clear to City Manager…

0 Feb 10, 2009

Bicycle ‘Pack’ Riding

You’ve seen them riding along State Road A1A — long lines of bicycle riders who take over the road with little regard for motorists. Some “…

0 Feb 9, 2009

Holistic pet healthcare

Hi, I thought people might be interested in discussing natural pet healthcare! I would be glad to answer questions on diet, vaccines, and…

Started by Dr. Marcia

13 Feb 1, 2009
Reply by Ruth Leming

Get organized to fight Atlantic Plaza

I really enjoy your paper, as do all of my friends, neighbors and clients. We are all very concerned about what is going to happen at Atlan…

0 Jan 4, 2009

RSS

© 2018   Created by Mary Kate Leming.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service